These vegan peanut butter blossoms are essential during the holiday season! Enjoy a soft, peanut buttery sugar cookie topped with a chocolate kiss.
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened (from a tub, not a stick)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 vegan chocolate kisses or mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Create the flax egg by adding 1 tbsp ground flaxseed and 3 tbsp water to a small bowl. Whisk together and rest for 15 minutes.
- After, add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, creamy peanut butter, vegan butter, flax egg, and vanilla to a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to cream the ingredients together. Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Fold ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into 20 balls. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar to a bowl. Roll each ball in the granulated sugar and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes. The cookies will appear soft and slightly underdone. They will firm while cooling. After removing from the oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss or mini peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy cookies with a cold glass of almond milk!
- Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container. The cookies should keep for 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan peanut butter blossoms, vegan peanut butter kiss cookies, vegan peanut butter thumbprint cookies