This vegan peanut butter banana bread recipe is healthy, easy, and made with one bowl! It’s moist, light, fluffy, and so delicious. The simple recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free friendly, made with pantry staples, and contains no eggs. It’s the best way to use spotty overripe bananas, and you can turn it into muffins! #bananabreadrecipe #bananas #bananabread #veganbreakfast #peanutbutter #veganbaking #healthybaking #banana #baking
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana (~3 large bananas)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add mashed bananas, light brown sugar, peanut butter, melted coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Add all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix together just until the flour is evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to a loaf pan. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of the batter.
- Bake banana bread for 1 hour. After, remove from the oven. Let cool inside the pan for 15-20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- Mashed banana: I recommend mashing 3-4 large bananas, then measuring 1 1/2 cups. Be sure to use overripe spotty bananas for the best results.
- Coconut oil: Be sure to melt the coconut oil, then measure 1/4 cup.
- Peanut butter: If you cannot eat peanut butter, use sunflower seed butter instead.
- Chopped peanuts: The topping is optional, but it adds crunchy texture and nutty flavor. You can also use chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Mixing the batter: Do not over-mix the batter. If you over-mix it, your banana bread will become tough and rubbery. It is best to mix the ingredients just until the flour is evenly incorporated.
- Parchment paper: Be sure to line the loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. This prevents the banana bread from sticking to the pan.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 21g
- Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: vegan peanut butter banana bread, vegan peanut butter bread