Vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy, and moist! This easy oatmeal cookie recipe is made with one bowl and no eggs. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free friendly, and a no chill recipe. They’re packed with oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate chips. This crowd pleasing dessert will be a family favorite. They make delicious ice cream cookie sandwiches, too! #vegancookies #vegandessert #oatmeal #chocolatechipcookies #oats #veganbaking #cookies #cookierecipes #glutenfreebaking
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, slightly softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free baking flour), measured correctly*
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats, measured correctly**
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine vegan butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer, beat together until light and fluffy (about 1-2 minutes). Add almond milk and vanilla extract, then beat together once more to combine.
- Add all-purpose flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg to the bowl. Mix together until the flour is evenly incorporated. Then, add chocolate chips and stir together.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls and transfer to the baking sheets. Bake cookies for 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is gooey. You should remove the cookies from the oven while the center still appears underbaked. They will firm up and de-puff while cooling on the baking sheet. Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top (optional). Enjoy!
- *How to measure flour: Do not scoop and pack flour into a measuring cup. This will almost always lead to using way too much flour. Instead, gently spoon the flour into a measuring cup and level off the top with a flat object (such as the back of a knife). You can also just weigh the flour using a food scale.
- How to measure oats: Gently scoop or spoon the oats into your measuring cup. Do not pack them into the cup or your cookies won’t spread as much.
- How to store: Store leftover cookies in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
- How to freeze: If storing longterm, freeze the pre-baked cookies or balls of cookie dough inside a tightly sealed ziplock bag. Let the cookie dough come to room temperature before baking.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, vegan oatmeal cookies, desserts with oatmeal