Vegan monster cookies are super thick, soft and chewy, and easy to make! They are packed with creamy peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and vegan M&M’s. Made with one bowl and ready in 30 minutes. It’s a healthier twist on the classic, colorful dessert we all know and love!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan M&M style candy or candy coated chocolate gems
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to let the mixture thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add vegan butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar to a large bowl. Using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer, cream ingredients together until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the flax egg and vanilla extract. Cream together until combined.
- Add all-purpose flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Mix the ingredients together until the flour is evenly incorporated. Add the vegan M&M style candies and chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Scoop cookie dough into 12 balls. Transfer cookie dough to the baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes, or until the edges are light golden-brown and the center is still gooey. Remove cookies from the oven while they appear slightly underbaked. They will de-puff and firm up while cooling.
- Allow cookies to cool before devouring. Enjoy!
- For soft and chewy cookies, remove them from the oven while they still appear slightly underbaked. They will continue to cook and firm up a bit while cooling on the baking sheet.
- Keep cookies stored in a sealed container. They will keep for up to 5 days.
- Read full post for a list of vegan M&M style candies.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan monster cookies, healthy monster cookies