Keep warm this winter season with a mug full of cozy, rich and creamy, vegan hot chocolate! This homemade healthy hot cocoa is made with oat milk and sweetened with maple syrup. It’s dairy-free, quick and easy, ready in 5 minutes, and totally customizable. Perfect for any chocolate lover!
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- Bring the saucepan to medium heat, whisking the ingredients together, until fully dissolved and warm. Do not bring it to a boil.
- Once warm, transfer the hot chocolate to mugs. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- I recommend using a high-quality, creamy oat milk. However, you can use any type of plant-based milk.
- Increase the sweetener, as needed, if you like your hot chocolate extra sweet.
- The nutrition information below reflects the use of oat milk without toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegan hot chocolate, vegan hot cocoa