These vegan gluten-free chocolate chip banana pancakes are beyond delicious! They are ready in under 20 minutes and contain healthy ingredients. Serve a stack with warm maple syrup for a ridiculously tasty breakfast.
There’s nothing quite like a stack of chocolate chip banana pancakes drizzled in warm maple syrup. If it were socially acceptable to live off of this meal, I absolutely would. They are that good!
These pancakes are naturally sweetened with ripe bananas and contain wholesome ingredients, like rolled oats and ground flaxseed. They are moist, light, fluffy and reminiscent of banana bread. Essentially, this is a guilt-free recipe but you’d never know it by how delicious they taste!
How to make vegan gluten-free chocolate chip banana pancakes
For the full recipe, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
Creating these vegan gluten-free chocolate chip banana pancakes is a very simple process. Why? Because the blender will do all of the hard work for you! Take a look at the simple five steps below.
- Add ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until pancake batter is smooth and well-combined. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Warm a nonstick frying pan.
- Spoon batter onto the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Once bubbles begin to form on their surface, flip each pancake to cook for an additional minute.
- Serve pancakes with your desired toppings.
Here are a few tips for creating the best vegan gluten-free chocolate chip banana pancakes.
- Can you cook pancakes with coconut oil? Yes, you can! And, in my opinion, you certainly should. Keep in mind that a little goes a long way. I recommend lightly brushing the frying pan with ½ teaspoon coconut oil. Alternatively, you can use vegan butter or vegetable oil. This step isn’t necessary if you own a nonstick pan, but I think it provides the best results.
- Keep the frying pan at medium heat. The trick to great pancakes is cooking them at the perfect temperature. A piping hot pan will burn the surface while the center remains raw. On the other hand, a not-hot-enough pan will create tough pancakes. Therefore, it’s always best to keep the frying pan at a medium temperature. Keep an eye on the pancakes while they’re cooking and adjust the heat as needed.
- When should you flip a pancake? You’ll know it’s time to flip your pancakes once bubbles begin to form on their surface. This should only take 2-3 minutes. After, gently flip the pancakes to cook the other side for an additional minute.
- What are healthy toppings for pancakes? I love topping these pancakes with additional sliced bananas, chocolate chips, and maple syrup. Now, whether or not the chocolate and maple syrup are “healthy” is up for interpretation… but, I let that slide on the weekend! For a more wholesome option, you can top the pancakes with fresh berries, almond butter, berry compote, non-dairy yogurt, or sugar-free maple syrup.
More healthy vegan pancake recipes
- Blueberry Banana Pancakes (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- Banana Bread Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Breakfast recipes with ripe bananas
- Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal
- The Best Vegan Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Vegan Gluten-Free Banana Bread
If you try these Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
These chocolate chip banana pancakes are beyond delicious! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and eggless. Serve a warm stack with maple syrup for a ridiculously tasty breakfast.
- Combine rolled oats, ripe bananas, ground flaxseed, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and almond milk in a high-speed blender. Blend together until smooth. After, toss in the chocolate chips and gently stir together.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium temperature. If desired, lightly grease the pan with an oil of your choosing (such as coconut oil) to further prevent sticking.
- Spoon pancake batter onto the frying pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles begin to form on the surface of each pancake. Then, flip to cook for an additional minute. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup, sliced banana, chocolate chips, or any desired toppings.
- You can make your own oat flour by blending or processing rolled oats into a fine flour.
- Serving Size: ⅓ recipe
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: chocolate chip banana pancakes, banana chocolate chip pancakes without eggs, vegan
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!