This vegan gluten-free chocolate banana bread is moist, fluffy, and oh so chocolatey! It’s made with just one bowl and healthy ingredients like overripe bananas,, , and . It’s delicious enough to be mistaken for dessert, but wholesome enough to be eaten for breakfast!
Did someone say chocolate for breakfast? This vegan gluten-free chocolate banana bread is deliciously sweet, rich, and super satisfying. It has the texture and flavor of moist chocolate cake, yet it’s filled with wholesome ingredients.
You can tailor this banana bread to your liking. Add chocolate chips for gooey pockets of melted chocolate in each bite, or toss in crushed walnuts for a lower sugar option. Either way, you can enjoy a slice for any occasion. It’s perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even as a healthy dessert!
What ingredients are in chocolate banana bread?
This chocolate banana bread is both vegan and gluten-free. In other words, no eggs, dairy, or wheat are used in the recipe. Check out the list of healthy ingredients below:
- Almond milk
How to Make Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Bread
For the full recipe, scroll down to view the recipe card below. This easy banana bread recipe calls for just one bowl and a few steps.
First, mash the bananas until nearly smooth. Note: be sure to use overripe bananas. How do you tell if your bananas are overripe? It’s simple! An overripe banana will have a yellow peel covered in brown spots.
Next, add the melted, , almond milk, and vanilla. Mix the ingredients to combine.
Then, add the, , , baking powder, and salt. Mix to evenly incorporate the ingredients. After, fold in the . This vegan gluten-free chocolate banana bread is great with chocolate chips, but you can add other mix-ins instead! See my tips below.
Next, line awith . Note: this helps prevent sticking and makes for a much easier time removing the banana bread from the pan after cooking. Alternatively, you can liberally grease the with oil. I recommend using , though.
Bake the banana bread at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes. After, allow the banana bread to cool completely before slicing and serving. Now for the fun part; enjoy with a cold glass of almond milk. Mmmmmm.
- Use overripe bananas. Make sure your bananas contain a yellow peel with brown spots all over it. This is perfect for chocolate banana bread because it means the bananas are at peak sweetness.
- Chocolate chips are optional, but definitely recommended! I love these mini . Instead, you can try crushed walnuts, , or for a healthier option.
- Add toppings! You can sprinkle additional toppings on the batter before placing it in the oven. Chocolate chips, , , and sliced banana are all great choices.
- Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container, tinfoil, or plastic wrap. Store it in the refrigerator to keep it fresh even longer. To reheat, microwave for 30 seconds or bake at 350 degrees F for a few minutes.
- Can you freeze banana bread? Absolutely! Tightly wrap the bread in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. It should keep for 2 months.
If you love this double chocolate banana bread, you will love these vegan baked goods:
- Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal
- The Best Vegan Banana Bread
- Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Vegan Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
If you try this Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Bread, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
This chocolate banana bread is rich, moist, and fluffy! It’s a guilt-free indulgence with healthy, wholesome, vegan ingredients.
- 3 large ripe bananas (~1.5 cups mashed banana)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil*
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash the overripe bananas until nearly smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix again to thoroughly combine. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour batter into the pan and evenly spread across the base.
- Bake banana bread for 55-60 minutes. After, remove from oven and cool completely before slicing and serving.
*To melt coconut oil, add 5 spoonfuls to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Measure 1/4 cup and proceed with the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 23.5g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: vegan gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate banana bread, gluten-free chocolate banana cake
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!