Vegan garlic bread is buttery, garlicky, rich, and flavor-packed! It's the best appetizer or side dish to pair with pasta, pizza, salads, and soups. The edges are crispy and golden brown, while the mouthwatering center is coated with vegan butter, parmesan, and Italian herbs. It's a quick and easy recipe that's made with 7 ingredients and ready in 20 minutes!
What is garlic bread?
The best side dish for all garlic lovers! A loaf of bakery bread is sliced, then saturated with butter, garlic, herbs, and cheese. After, it's baked in the oven until light golden brown.
This homemade garlic bread is:
- Vegan, dairy-free, vegetarian, and can be gluten-free
- Super easy to make // made in 20 minutes
- Contains 7 basic ingredients
- Buttery, garlicky, and seasoned with Italian herbs
- A delicious appetizer that pairs well with pasta, pizza, and soup
- Non-vegan approved and kid-approved!
What is garlic bread made from?
Only 7 simple ingredients are needed to make this easy vegan garlic bread.
- Bread: Use French bread, Italian bread, or a loaf of sourdough bread.
- Garlic: Garlic bread isn't complete without garlic, of course! Be sure to finely mince it.
- Vegan butter: The bread is saturated with melted vegan butter for a rich, buttery flavor.
- Italian seasoning: Italian seasoning is a blend of ground herbs. Typically, it contains basil, oregano, garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
- Salt: I love to use pink Himalayan salt.
- Vegan parmesan: Vegan parmesan adds a subtle "cheesy" flavor. If desired, you can use vegan mozzarella instead.
- Parsley: This recipe is garnished with fresh parsley. It not only adds flavor, but it also decorates the toast so it looks great for serving.
How to make vegan garlic bread
For the full ingredients list and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
Brush the bread with melted vegan butter
First, melt the vegan butter in a microwave or small pot on the stove. Then, mix the melted butter with minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and vegan parmesan in a bowl.
Generously brush the mixture on one side of the sliced bread. Be sure to saturate the bread for the best flavor. Repeat with the entire loaf or until all of the melted butter is used.
Bake the bread
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Assemble the vegan garlic bread across the sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, or until toasted golden brown.
After, garnish the garlic bread with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
What is the best bread for garlic bread?
The best vegan garlic bread is made with a loaf of French, Italian, or sourdough bread.
Is bread vegan?
A simple bread recipe contains 4 ingredients: flour, water, yeast, and salt. Fresh bakery bread is typically made with these 4 ingredients, which makes it vegan and dairy-free. Nonetheless, you should still double check the label to make sure there are no eggs or milk in the ingredients list.
Can I use olive oil instead of vegan butter?
Yes, in a pinch, olive oil can be used instead of vegan butter. I recommend using ⅓ cup olive oil in place of the ½ cup vegan butter. However, I do think butter is a superior choice!
What goes well with garlic bread?
Garlic bread is incredibly delicious all on its own, but it also goes well with many meals. The most popular way to serve garlic bread is with pizza, pasta, salads, soups, and stews.
In particular, I love serving it with my Vegan Baked Ziti and Vegan Pesto Cavatappi. Other common meals include lasagna, spaghetti, tortellini, tomato soup, and Italian salads. Let me know your favorite way to enjoy this side dish in the comments below!
More vegan Italian recipes
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- Vegan Baked Ziti
- Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo (Vegan)
- Easy Vegan Pesto
- Vegan Pesto Cavatappi
- Vegan Broccoli Pesto Pasta
Vegan garlic bread is buttery, rich, garlicky, and so flavorful! The crispy edges surround a mouthwatering center, coated with vegan butter, parmesan, and Italian herbs. This is the best appetizer or side dish to pair with pasta, pizza, salads, and soups. Quick, easy, and ready in 20 minutes!
- 1 loaf of bakery bread (French, Italian, or sourdough)
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted (1 stick)
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan
- Fresh parsley, minced finely for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the loaf of bread into ½ to 1-inch thick slices.
- Melt vegan butter in the microwave (30 seconds) or in a small pot on the stove.
- Combine the melted vegan butter with minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and vegan parmesan in a bowl. Mix together.
- Generously brush the mixture on one side of the sliced bread. Be sure to saturate the bread for the best flavor.
- Assemble bread on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until toasted golden brown. Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- I recommend using French, Italian, or sourdough bread for this recipe.
- The nutrition information below is an estimate and it will change depending on the type of bread used and slices you create.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan garlic bread, dairy-free garlic bread, vegan italian food
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!