Vegan funfetti cupcakes are sweet, fluffy, moist, and loaded with colorful sprinkles! This celebratory dessert is topped with a thick swirl of vegan vanilla buttercream frosting. It’s the BEST treat for birthdays, parties, special occasions, and celebrations. They are dairy-free, egg-free, and can be gluten-free. The easy recipe is made from scratch and better than funfetti box mix!
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk (room temperature)*
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil**
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 batch vegan vanilla frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine almond milk and distilled white vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes. After, add melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix together.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix together until just combined; do not overmix. Stir in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Using a measuring cup or a large cookie scoop, spoon the batter into the cupcake pan. Fill each slot 3/4 full, leaving enough room for the batter to rise while baking.
- Bake cupcakes for 20-25 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes (inside the pan) before removing them to cool completely.
- After the cupcakes have cooled, top with vegan vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy!
- *Almond milk should be room temperature, not cold.
- **Use melted coconut oil, not solid coconut oil. To melt coconut oil, microwave it for 30 seconds. Then, measure 1/3 cup and proceed with the recipe.
- Store cupcakes in a sealed container at room temperature.
- The nutrition information is for the cupcakes only (no frosting).
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegan funfetti cupcakes, vegan vanilla cupcakes