Vegan Funfetti Cupcakes are easy, fluffy, moist, sweet, and loaded with cake batter flavor! They are topped with vegan vanilla buttercream frosting and rainbow sprinkles. It’s the best dessert for birthdays, parties, celebrations, and special occasions. The recipe is homemade from scratch and better than box mix. Dairy-free, no eggs, and can be gluten-free! #funfetti #cupcakes #vegancupcakes #funfetticake #vegancake #birthdaycake #veganbaking #cakebatter #frosting #buttercream #sprinkles
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk (room temperature)*
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil**
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 batch vegan vanilla frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine almond milk and distilled white vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes. After, add melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix together.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix together until just combined; do not overmix. Stir in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Using a measuring cup or a large cookie scoop, spoon the batter into the cupcake pan. Fill each slot 3/4 full, leaving enough room for the batter to rise while baking.
- Bake cupcakes for 20-25 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes (inside the pan) before removing them to cool completely.
- After the cupcakes have cooled, top with vegan vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy!
- *Almond milk should be room temperature, not cold.
- **Use melted coconut oil, not solid coconut oil. To melt coconut oil, microwave it for 30 seconds. Then, measure 1/3 cup and proceed with the recipe.
- Store cupcakes in a sealed container at room temperature.
- The nutrition information is for the cupcakes only (no frosting).
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegan funfetti cupcakes, vegan vanilla cupcakes