This vegan chocolate chia pudding is an easy, healthy dessert! Satisfy your sweet tooth with chia seeds, almond milk, cacao powder, and maple syrup.
Healthy Chocolate Chia Pudding
Raise your hand if you LOVE chocolate!
One of the first things to know about me is that I adore anything with chocolate. Like, to the point of addiction. I have a major sweet tooth and I’m not afraid to admit it. However, I can’t consume sugary chocolate bars on the daily. I mean, I could… but just because it’s possible, doesn’t mean it’s wise! To solve this dilemma, I found a way to satisfy my chocolate craving while maintaining a healthy diet.
The solution, you ask? Chocolate chia pudding. It’s perfectly healthy, but tastes pretty naughty. It offers the best of both worlds; a creamy, chocolatey flavor + nutritious ingredients. The chia seeds provide vitamins and minerals while the cacao powder offers other benefits. I also use almond milk for an extra boost of nutrients. Cheers to a guilt-free treat!
How to Make Chocolate Chia Pudding
This chocolate chia pudding recipe is:
How to make vegan chocolate chia pudding in 3 easy steps:
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk everything together.
- Set aside to thicken for 20 minutes (or refrigerate overnight).
Feel free to add your favorite toppings! I love pairing this chia seed pudding with sliced banana, chopped almonds, and cacao nibs. The sweetness of the banana paired with the crunchy almonds takes this recipe to the next level. Alternatively, you could enjoy it with fresh berries or dairy-free whipped cream.
This is a quick and easy recipe. The chia seed pudding can be eaten within just 20 minutes. However, you can also store it in the refrigerator overnight. It will still be thick, creamy, and ready to enjoy the next day!
Lastly, there are a few possible ingredient swaps for this healthy treat…
- Instead of cacao powder, use cocoa or carob powder.
- Any liquid sweetener should work just fine. I prefer maple syrup, but coconut nectar, agave nectar, or honey (if you are not vegan) can be used.
- If you don’t have any almond milk on hand (or have an allergy), I recommend coconut milk or cashew milk.
If you love this recipe, you’ll also enjoy my vanilla chia pudding!Print
This vegan chocolate chia pudding is an easy, healthy dessert! It contains just 5 ingredients. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this nutritious treat.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk ingredients vigorously until well combined.
- Set aside to thicken for at least 20 minutes. Stir intermittently.
- Spoon the pudding into cups/jars and add your favorite toppings.
- Store the chia pudding in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator. It should remain fresh for 1-3 days.
Keywords: chocolate chia pudding, chia pudding, chia seeds, healthy breakfast, healthy dessert