Vegan chili cheese fries are healthy, easy to make, and packed with flavor! Enjoy these homemade crispy baked french fries smothered in bean chili and nacho cheese sauce.
- 1 recipe crispy baked french fries (or 4–5 cups frozen fries)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 recipe vegan nacho cheese
- Chili: In a large pot, heat the oil and onion. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, chili powder, coconut sugar, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt. Mix to combine. Bring ingredients to a rapid boil, then reduce heat and simmer (partially covered) for 35-45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Fries: While the chili is cooking, prepare the french fries. Use frozen fries and follow the package instructions, or follow the homemade french fries recipe here.
- Nacho cheese: While the chili and fries are cooking, prepare the nacho cheese. Follow the recipe here.
- Assemble: Divide baked french fries onto serving plates. Cover fries with the chili and drizzle the nacho cheese sauce on top. For garnish, add cilantro or diced jalapeño. Enjoy!
- You will likely only use 1/2 of the vegan nacho cheese sauce recipe. Save leftovers and enjoy it with tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, burgers, sandwiches, and more!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 571
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 79g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: vegan chili cheese fries, vegan loaded fries