These vegan birthday cake cookies are colorful, flavorful, and reminiscent of funfetti cake batter! It’s a delicious celebratory dessert made with boxed yellow cake mix, rainbow sprinkles, white chocolate chips, and chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, measured correctly* (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup yellow cake mix, (just the dry mix) (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan rainbow sprinkles
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine vegan butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar. Using a handheld or stand mixer, cream the ingredients together until soft and fluffy. Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Sift the flour and boxed cake mix over the wet ingredients. Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet ingredients. Add rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Cover the birthday cake cookie dough with cling wrap. Set in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour (or at least 30 minutes).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the chilled cookie dough into 18 balls and place half on the baking sheet. Bake cookies on the middle rack for 15 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cookies continue to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes. Important note: The cookies should appear underdone when you remove them from the oven. They will continue to cook and firm up while cooling on the baking sheet. Repeat with the other 9 balls of cookie dough. Enjoy!
- Measure the flour correctly. Flour should never be scooped or packed into the measuring cup. This will result in too much flour. Instead, spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level it off using a flat object.
- Be sure to bake the cookies on the middle rack in your oven.
- Keep the cookies stored in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegan birthday cake cookies, vegan cake batter cokoies, vegan funfetti