These vegan banana chocolate chip muffins are healthy, gluten-free, and so easy to make! They are fluffy, moist, and perfectly sweet. Enjoy them for an on-the-go breakfast, afternoon snack, or to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy manner!
- 1 + 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (~3 large ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with parchment muffin/cupcake liners.
- Create the flax egg by combining 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water. Set aside for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Add all wet ingredients to a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix ingredients together until evenly combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into each muffin liner. Top with additional chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes. After, remove from the oven and allow muffins to cool for 15-20 minutes before removing them from the tin.
- Make sure you measure the flour correctly. Do not scoop or pack the flour. Flour should be gently spooned into a measuring cup until completely filled. Then, any excess should be scraped off with a knife.
- Use liquid or melted coconut oil. If your coconut oil is solid at room temperature, add several spoonfuls to a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds to melt. Then, measure 1/4 cup and proceed with the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: banana chocolate chip muffins vegan, chocolate chip banana muffins gluten-free