Vanilla overnight oats are healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make! The simple recipe is made in a jar with chia seeds, dairy-free yogurt, and almond milk. This meal prep breakfast idea is great for kids, busy families, and weight loss. You can add mix-ins and toppings, like protein powder and almond butter. They require just 5 minutes of prep time! #overnightoats #overnightoatmeal #oatmeal #oatmealrecipes #healthybreakfast #veganbreakfast #glutenfreevegan #mealprep #makeahead
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla non-dairy milk or regular milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla non-dairy yogurt or regular yogurt (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, agave, etc)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Fresh fruit
- Nut butter
- Add rolled oats, milk, vanilla yogurt, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to a jar. Mix ingredients together, then seal with a lid.
- Store oats in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- The next morning (or whenever you are ready to eat), remove the lid and stir the oats. If desired, add a splash of milk to thin the consistency.
- Enjoy the oats directly out of the jar or transfer them to a bowl. Add any toppings of your choosing, like fresh fruit, nut butter, and granola. Enjoy!
- How to store: Overnight oats are best enjoyed within 24 hours, but you can keep them stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Be sure they are tightly sealed with a lid.
- Toppings: Serve with any of your favorite toppings. Read the blog post for the best topping recommendations.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 7.5g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 6.5g
Keywords: vanilla overnight oats, healthy overnight oats recipe for weight loss