This pumpkin pie smoothie bowl is a delicious fall breakfast recipe! Pumpkin puree, dates,, and warm fall spices come together to create a healthy twist on the classic fall dessert. It’s super creamy, naturally sweetened, vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free. It tastes just like pumpkin pie, but in smoothie form!
Did someone say dessert for breakfast? Today we’re taking a classic fall dessert – pumpkin pie – and transforming it into a healthy breakfast bowl. As someone with a giant sweet tooth, smoothie bowl addiction, and deep affection for the fall season, this is my favorite way to start the morning during autumn.
You can now enjoy the taste of pumpkin pie at all hours of the day with this healthy, guilt-free alternative. It’s sweet, thick and creamy, subtly nutty, and flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Add a variety of seasonal toppings to enjoy with every bite – like granola,, and !
This pumpkin pie smoothie bowl is:
- Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free
- Creamy, nourishing, and subtly spiced
- Naturally sweetened with
- Super easy to make // ready within 5 minutes
- Made with 7 healthy ingredients
- A delicious breakfast recipe for the fall season!
What ingredients are in a pumpkin pie smoothie bowl?
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin puree, also known as canned pumpkin, is an essential ingredient for this pumpkin smoothie bowl. You can also use cooked (and cooled) pumpkin.
- Banana: Frozen bananas provide a thick, creamy consistency. They’re also rich in vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C.
- : I suggest using your favorite creamy , but peanut or works too. If you need a nut-free option, use instead.
- : provide a natural sweetness without the need for added sugar.
- Oat milk: Oat milk is the perfect liquid for this smoothie. It’s sweet, creamy, and a bit thicker than other plant-based milks. If you don’t have oat milk, you can swap it with another liquid like almond milk or cashew milk.
- Vanilla: Just a dash makes all the difference for dessert-style smoothies, like this one!
- Fall spices: Warm fall spices, including cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, help to give this breakfast bowl its pumpkin pie flavor.
How to make a pumpkin smoothie
For the full ingredients list and instructions, view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
This pumpkin pie smoothie is an easy 3-step recipe! First, add the ingredients to a blender. Then, blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy. After, transfer the smoothie to a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
The best toppings for this fall breakfast smoothie
A smoothie bowl isn’t complete without the toppings. To fit with the pumpkin pie theme, I suggest topping your bowl with ingredients commonly found in fall recipes. There are a variety of options to choose from, including:
- or walnuts
- Sliced banana
- Chocolate chips or
Use frozen ripe bananas. Ripe bananas contain a yellow peel with brown spots all over it. At peak ripeness, they provide a deliciously sweet flavor. Once the bananas have ripened, remove the peels and place the bananas in a sealed container/bag inside the freezer. You can freeze several bananas at once, and they will last for up to 3 months. If you enjoy smoothie bowls often, I recommend keeping a batch inside the freezer at all times. They will be ready to go whenever it’s smoothie time.
Pit the. Don’t forget to remove the pits from your before blending the ingredients.
For a nut-free alternative: Swap theout and use instead.
More vegan recipes with pumpkin
- Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter
More vegan smoothie bowl recipes
- Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie Bowl
This pumpkin pie smoothie bowl is a delicious fall breakfast. The easy recipe is made with healthy, vegan, and gluten-free ingredients. It’s sweet, creamy, and subtly spiced. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy it with a spoon. It tastes like pumpkin pie for breakfast!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, peeled prior to freezing
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 1–2 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, optional
- 1/8 tsp allspice, optional
- 1/4 cup oat milk, or any plant-based milk
- Pumpkin seeds
- Crushed pecans
- Sliced banana
- Almond butter
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer smoothie to bowl(s). Add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Be sure to use frozen ripe bananas. Ripe bananas have a yellow peel with brown spots all over it. Once the bananas are ripe, remove the peels and store the bananas inside a sealed container/bag in the freezer. You can freeze several bananas at a time, and they will last for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: pumpkin pie smoothie bowl, pumpkin smoothie
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!