This pineapple kale smoothie bowl is filled with healthy ingredients and contains a tropical flavor! It’s the ultimate green smoothie to fight against cold season because it’s filled with vitamin C. Combine pineapple, banana, kale, lemon, flaxseed, and plant-based milk to create this sweet, filling, nutritious bowl. It’s great for breakfast or as an afternoon snack!
This pineapple kale smoothie bowl is so nutritious yet so tasty! Boost your immune system and sneak some extra leafy greens in your diet with this healthy-but-tasty green smoothie bowl. It’s rich in vitamin C which makes it perfect for fighting against cold season. Plus, you can’t even taste the kale which makes it a wonderful green smoothie recipe for beginners. Why can’t you taste the kale? It’s masked by the tropical flavor of pineapple and banana! However, if you desire a more earthy taste, you can add extra kale or additional greens to your smoothie.
What ingredients are in a pineapple kale smoothie bowl?
This pineapple kale smoothie bowl contains wholesome, nutritious ingredients.
- Pineapple. Pineapple is rich in vitamin C and contains vitamin A, potassium, fiber, and more.
- Bananas. Bananas contribute to the creamy texture of this smoothie bowl. They also provide healthy amounts of vitamin B6, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Kale. There are various benefits to eating kale. Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, containing vitamins A, K, C, B6, manganese, calcium, and more. Also, kale is loaded with antioxidants and beta-carotene.
- Lemon. Lemon juice is used in this recipe to add a dash of tart flavor, but it also helps with the absorption of the vitamins and minerals in other ingredients.
- Flaxseed. Ground flaxseed offers omega-3 fatty acids, lignans, fiber, and plant-based protein.
- Plant-based milk. You can use any type of plant-based milk for this recipe. Coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk, and oat milk are all great options.
How to make a pineapple kale smoothie bowl
With three quick steps and just five minutes of your time, you’ll have this pineapple kale smoothie bowl ready to be enjoyed!
- Add all ingredients to the blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add more plant-based milk, if needed, depending on the power and speed of your blender.
- Transfer smoothie to a bowl. Top with fresh fruit, coconut flakes, nuts, seeds, granola, and any other desired toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether it’s a tropical green smoothie to sneak in some extra greens or a healthy green smoothie for weight loss, here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Are kale smoothies healthy?
Absolutely! Now, the nutritional content and benefits of a kale smoothie will vary depending on the other ingredients included. This particular pineapple kale smoothie bowl is loaded with vitamins and minerals – especially vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium. It is also rich in fiber and provides a healthy amount of plant-based protein.
Is it OK to put raw kale in a smoothie?
Yes, of course! Raw kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. It contains an incredible amount of vitamins and minerals, providing your smoothie with ultimate nutritional benefits. In particular, kale contains powerful antioxidants, B vitamins, manganese, calcium, fiber, and so much more.
What vegetables go well in smoothies?
If kale isn’t your thing, you can use spinach, arugula, or really any other leafy green instead. If you own a powerful blender, you can add cauliflower (steamed and frozen), celery, avocado or cucumber (which are both technically fruits!) as well.
What toppings go well with green smoothie bowls?
I added coconut flakes, sliced kiwi, hemp seeds, and dragonfruit on top of my pineapple kale smoothie bowl. Other delicious toppings include granola, blueberries, strawberries, chia seeds, almond butter, or nuts.
If you love this pineapple kale smoothie bowl, you may also enjoy:
- Green Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Kiwi Pear Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Mango Banana Smoothie Bowl
If you try this Pineapple Kale Smoothie Bowl, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
This pineapple kale smoothie bowl is so healthy yet so tasty! It’s perfect for fighting against cold season because it’s loaded with Vitamin C. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy it with a spoon!
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen ripe banana, peeled prior to freezing
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk
- Add ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional plant-based milk, if needed, depending on the power and speed of your blender.
- Transfer smoothie to a bowl. Top with fresh fruit, coconut flakes, granola, nuts, seeds, or any other desired toppings.
- Use frozen ripe bananas. Ripe bananas should have a yellow peel covered in brown spots. Remove the peels and place the bananas in a ziplock bag or container. Store in the freezer. Bananas remain fresh for one month in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie bowl
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 31g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: pineapple kale smoothie bowl, green smoothie bowl no avocado
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!