The best homemade pico de gallo recipe! It’s easy, quick, authentic, and ready in 10 minutes. Also known as salsa fresca, this refreshing salsa can be used as a healthy dip or a condiment for Mexican dishes. Sprinkle it on tacos, burritos, quesadillas, nachos, and so much more.
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, finely diced with the rib and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, add diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix ingredients together until evenly combined. Let it sit for 10 minutes to marinate for the best flavor.
- Enjoy pico de gallo immediately, or transfer to a sealed jar/container. Store in the refrigerator where it will keep for 3-4 days.
- Jalapeño pepper can be replaced with serrano pepper.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 10
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: pico de gallo recipe, salsa fresca