Oatmeal raisin energy bites are an easy and healthy no-bake snack! They’re vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, oil-free, and taste like oatmeal raisin cookie dough. This 10 minute snack is made with oats, medjool dates, almond butter, and raisins. Energy balls are great for kids, school lunches, and meal prep! #energyballs #energybites #snackrecipes #snackideas #oats #raisins #nobakedesserts #veganrecipe #oatmeal #oatmealraisin
- Combine rolled oats, pitted medjool dates, almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor.
- Process the ingredients until a crumbled, sticky dough forms. If your dates are not soft and fresh, you may need to ass 1-2 tbsp maple syrup in order to get a stickier dough. It can also be added if you would like the dough to be sweeter.
- Add raisins to the food processor. Pulse several times until evenly combined. Using a mini cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough and roll into balls. Enjoy!
- *Medjool dates: Be sure to use soft and fresh medjool dates. If your dates are dry and hard, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes. After, drain the water and pat the dates dry before proceeding with the recipe. Another way to combat dry dates is by adding 1-2 tbsp maple syrup.
- **Almond butter: I highly recommend using natural almond butter that has a runny consistency. If your almond butter is super thick and dry, it will make the dough too dry.
- ***Maple syrup: This is an optional ingredient. It helps make the dough stickier, which is needed if your medjool dates are not super fresh and soft. Additionally, it adds extra sweetness.
- Nut-free option: Feel free to swap the almond butter with sunflower seed butter or tahini instead.
- How to store: Store inside a sealed container at room temperature for 3-4 days. You can also store them inside the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If storing longterm, place in a sealed ziplock bag for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 energy bite
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: oatmeal raisin energy bites, oatmeal raisin balls, energy balls with dates and oats