No bake pecan pie bars are a healthy dessert for the holiday season! The soft and chewy, cinnamon-rich crust is topped with salted date caramel and crunchy pecans. They are vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened, and made with no added sugar. It’s a fun twist on the classic pecan pie we all know and love!
Pecan Pie Crust
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7–8 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1–2 tbsp water, only as needed
- 20 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- Line the dish: Line a 7×7 or 8×8 square dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare the crust: Combine rolled oats, pecans, almond flour, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor. Process ingredients until a crumbled, flour-like mixture is formed. Add medjool dates and process again until a sticky, crumbled mixture is formed. If needed, add water and process again until the ingredients start to come together. You should be able to pinch the dough together with your hands.
- Press the crust: Transfer mixture to the square dish and press it across the base in an even layer.
- Prepare the salted caramel: Combine medjool dates, water, vanilla, and salt in the food processor. Process until a caramel-like consistency forms. Scrape down the sides of the food processor between pulses, as needed, until smooth.
- Add the salted caramel and pecans: Spread the caramel over the crust in an even layer. Toss crushed pecans on top and gently press them into the caramel.
- Chill: Chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before slicing the bars. Enjoy!
- Store the pecan pie bars stored in an airtight container. Keep at room temperature or in the refrigerator (recommended). Keep in the freezer for longterm storage.
- This post was originally shared in October 2019 and updated in November 2020.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 283
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: no bake pecan pie bars, vegan pecan pie, pecan bars without corn syrup