No-bake pecan pie bars are an easy, vegan, and gluten-free holiday dessert recipe! Enjoy these healthy dessert bars made with oats, dates, almond flour, and no corn syrup. The soft and chewy crust is topped with salted date caramel and crunchy pecans. Great for holiday gatherings, like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and friendsgiving! #nobakedesserts #vegandessert #pecans #pecanpierecipe #thanksgiving #thanksgivingrecipe #friendsgiving #glutenfreedesserts #holidaydesserts
Pecan Pie Crust
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7–8 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1–2 tbsp water, only as needed
- 20 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- Line the dish: Line a 7×7 or 8×8 square dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare the crust: Combine rolled oats, pecans, almond flour, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor. Process ingredients until a crumbled, flour-like mixture is formed. Add medjool dates and process again until a sticky, crumbled mixture is formed. If needed, add water and process again until the ingredients start to come together. You should be able to pinch the dough together with your hands.
- Press the crust: Transfer mixture to the square dish and press it across the base in an even layer.
- Prepare the salted caramel: Combine medjool dates, water, vanilla, and salt in the food processor. Process until a caramel-like consistency forms. Scrape down the sides of the food processor between pulses, as needed, until smooth.
- Add the salted caramel and pecans: Spread the caramel over the crust in an even layer. Toss crushed pecans on top and gently press them into the caramel.
- Chill: Chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before slicing the bars. Enjoy!
- Store the pecan pie bars stored in an airtight container. Keep at room temperature or in the refrigerator (recommended). Keep in the freezer for longterm storage.
- This post was originally shared in October 2019 and updated in November 2020.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 283
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: no bake pecan pie bars, vegan pecan pie, pecan bars without corn syrup