No bake coconut brownies are a vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and raw dessert! The easy recipe is made with healthy ingredients like dates, nuts, cacao, and shredded coconut. These triple layered brownies contain a fudgy brownie base, creamy coconut batter, and rich chocolate ganache. No refined sugar, no eggs, and they taste like Almond Joy candy bars! #brownies #nobakedessert #rawvegan #coconut #vegandessert #brownierecipe #nobakebrownies #rawbrownies #chocolatecoconut
- 2 cups medjool dates, packed*
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut cream**
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
Chocolate Ganache Layer
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or 1/3 cup coconut cream**
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some of the paper hanging over the edges. This will prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan and allow you to easily remove them.
- Add medjool dates, almonds, walnuts, cacao or cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt to a food processor. Blend until a crumbled, sticky dough forms. You should be able to pinch the sticky dough together with your hands. If the mixture is dry, add a couple extra medjool dates or 1 tsp coconut oil to increase moisture.
- Transfer brownie dough to the baking dish. Using clean hands, firmly press it across the bottom in an even layer. Set aside.
- Add shredded coconut, coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt to the food processor. Pulse several times until a wet, sticky, crumbly mixture forms. Again, you should be able to pinch the sticky mixture together with your hands. You can make it nearly smooth or leave chunks of coconut (recommended).
- Transfer the coconut layer to the baking dish. Using clean hands, firmly press it across the brownie layer. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil (or coconut cream) to a bowl. If using coconut oil, microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between. If using coconut cream, microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring between. Be careful not to burn the chocolate; you should only need 2-3 intervals. Pour chocolate over the coconut layer and evenly spread across the dish.
- Chill coconut brownies in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer. After, slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
- *Medjool dates: This recipe will work best when you use soft medjool dates. If your dates are super dry, hard, and tough, it would be helpful to soak them first. Simply place the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes, then drain the water and pat the dates completely dry. Do this before beginning the recipe.
- **Coconut cream: You can either buy canned coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk. If you are using canned full-fat coconut milk, only use the thick cream part for this recipe. Don’t use the clear liquid underneath.
- How to store: Keep the brownies stored in a sealed container inside the refrigerator or freezer. They will keep fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or 2-3 months in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: no bake coconut brownies, chocolate coconut bars, raw coconut brownies