No bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars are an easy and healthy snack! These homemade protein bars are vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and can be keto or paleo. They are a great high protein snack or post workout dessert. Made in just 10 minutes with pantry staples like peanut butter, almond flour, and maple syrup. #protein #proteinbar #chocolatepeanutbutter #peanutbutterbars #vegansnack #snackrecipes #snackideas
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter protein powder (or vanilla)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or more)
- 2 tsp coconut oil (optional, see notes)
- Combine peanut butter, protein powder, maple syrup, almond flour, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl. Mix together until dough forms.
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Press the dough across the bottom of the dish.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between, until the chocolate is melted. Pour melted chocolate over the dough. Spread across the dough in an even layer.
- Chill in the freezer for 5 minutes or until the chocolate sets. Gently slice into 8-12 bars, depending on your preferred size. Add flaky sea salt on top (optional) and enjoy!
- Coconut oil is an optional ingredient, but I recommend including it. First, coconut oil helps thin the melted chocolate. This allows it to spread easily across the bars. Second, it softens the chocolate layer which prevents it from breaking apart when you slice the bars.
- Store these protein bars in a sealed container inside the refrigerator for up to 1 week. For longterm storage, store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition information below uses stevia-sweetened chocolate chips.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: peanut butter protein bars, homemade protein bars, post workout snack