These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are vegan, gluten-free, and healthy! Enjoy a creamy peanut butter base coated in a rich chocolate glaze. They are made with just six ingredients in under 30 minutes. These bars are a perfect for a post-workout snack, healthy dessert, or afternoon treat!
Calling all peanut butter lovers! These healthy dessert bars were made just for you. Are you ready for a soft and chewy, peanut buttery bar topped with a creamy chocolate glaze? It sounds naughty, but it’s oh so nice! While most chocolate peanut butter bars are made with highly processed and sugar-laden ingredients (like powdered sugar and butter), this recipe is free of those. That’s right – this dessert contains NO refined sugar or dairy at all.
These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are:
- Soft & chewy
- Lightly sweet
- Peanut buttery
- Refined sugar-free
- Low carb
- Ready in under 30 minutes
What ingredients are in gluten-free vegan chocolate peanut butter bars?
These healthy chocolate peanut butter bars are made with only 6 ingredients.
- Peanut Butter. This recipe would not be complete without peanut butter, of course! We’ll use a natural creamy peanut butter as the main ingredient in these bars. It provides healthy fats and plant-based protein.
- Coconut flour. Coconut flour is a nice ingredient because it’s low in carbs yet high in fiber. Also, it is known to keep blood sugars stable and promote healthy digestion.
- Maple syrup. All desserts require a sweetener, and this one is no exception. However, maple syrup is used instead of the overly processed sugar alternatives. A high-quality maple syrup contains manganese, zinc, iron, calcium, and potassium.
- Cacao powder. Either cacao powder or cocoa powder can be used in this recipe. Cacao powder is rich in fiber, iron, and magnesium.
- Coconut oil. Coconut oil is an ingredient used in the chocolate topping. You can use either unrefined or refined oil. Unrefined coconut oil has a deeper coconut flavor while refined coconut oil has practically no coconut flavor at all.
- Vanilla extract. A dash of vanilla extract adds a hint of vanilla flavor to the peanut buttery base. Don’t skip out on this ingredient!
How to make no bake chocolate peanut butter bars
For the full recipe, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
First, create the peanut butter layer by combining peanut butter, coconut flour, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Fold the ingredients until evenly incorporated.
Second, line a pan with parchment paper. Press the peanut butter layer into the base of the pan.
Next, create the chocolate layer by combining cacao powder, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil. Whisk the ingredients together until smooth. Note: the mixture will thicken while whisking.
After, pour the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer. Spread evenly across the pan. Store in the freezer for 15 minutes to set. Then, slice and enjoy.
- Use a high-quality creamy peanut butter. I used MaraNatha No-Stir Organic Creamy Peanut Butter which is one of my absolute favorites! You can also use almond butter or cashew butter. If you have a nut allergy, sunflower seed butter is a great alternative.
- Add salt if your peanut butter is unsalted. A dash of salt is almost essential in dessert recipes. It balances the sweet flavor of all other ingredients. Be sure to add it if you are using unsalted nut butter.
- Use parchment paper. If you don’t already use parchment paper, you should start! It makes life in the kitchen so much easier. Parchment paper allows you to simply lift desserts out of the pan once they are ready. You no longer have to worry about desserts/baked goods sticking to the pan or tirelessly scrubbing them during clean-up.
- Want to make keto chocolate peanut butter bars? Use sugar-free maple syrup instead. Additionally, you can substitute half of the coconut flour with blanched almond flour if you want to make this recipe more low carb.
- Store these bars in the refrigerator. Simply add them to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator. They will keep fresh for 1-2 weeks.
- Can you freeze these bars? Yes! They can be stored in the freezer for at least one month. Just be sure to thaw them a bit before consuming.
More healthy chocolate peanut butter recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Blossoms
More no bake dessert bars:
- No Bake Vegan Brownies
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bars (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Vegan Snickers Bars
- No Bake Almond Butter Cookies
If you try these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Healthy), please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are vegan, gluten-free, and so healthy! Enjoy a creamy peanut butter base coated in a rich chocolate glaze. It’s made with six low carb ingredients in under 30 minutes.
Peanut Butter Base:
- 1 + 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt (if peanut butter is unsalted)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil*
- Peanut Butter Base: Add peanut butter, coconut flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt (if needed) to a large bowl. Mix to evenly combine the ingredients.
- Line a square pan or a loaf pan with parchment paper. Press the peanut butter dough across the pan in an even layer.
- Chocolate Topping: Add cacao powder, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil to a bowl. Whisk the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the peanut butter layer. Spread in an even layer across the pan.
- Freeze the bars for 15 minutes to set. After, slice and enjoy!
- *If your coconut oil is solid at room temperature, add several spoonfuls to a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds. Measure 1/4 cup and proceed with the recipe.
- You can use a square pan or a loaf pan. A square pan will create thinner bars, while a loaf pan will create thicker bars.
- For leftovers, keep the bars stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- The nutrition information below reflects a 12 bar batch. Depending on the pan you use, the recipe may be sliced into 8, 12, or 16 bars.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 24.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegan chocolate peanut butter bars, no bake chocolate peanut butter bars
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!