These are the BEST no bake vegan brownies! Enjoy a fudgy, chewy square topped with rich chocolate frosting. You’ll love them!
- 1.5 cups raw walnuts
- 1.5 cups raw almonds
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups medjool dates, packed (~25 dates)
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Brownies: Add walnuts, almonds, cacao powder, and salt to a food processor. Process until the nuts crumble. Add pitted medjool dates. Process until a sticky dough forms. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Use clean hands to firmly press the brownie dough across the base of the dish. Set aside while you create the chocolate frosting.
- Chocolate Frosting: Combine cacao powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Assemble: Spread the chocolate frosting in an even layer across the no bake brownies. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set. After, slice into 16 squares and enjoy!
- For the chocolate frosting, make sure you use melted coconut oil. If your coconut oil is solid, add a few spoonfuls to a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Measure 1/4 cup then combine with the other frosting ingredients.
- For the brownies, it is best to use fresh/soft medjool dates. If your dates are very dry/hard, soak in warm water for 5-10 minutes. After, drain the water and completely dry the dates with a paper towel. Proceed with the recipe.
- Store these no bake brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should keep for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: no bake brownies, raw vegan brownies with dates, vegan chocolate frosting