These homemade peanut butter cups are SO delicious. The rich dark chocolate coating, filled with creamy peanut butter inside, will have you craving more! This recipe is super easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients.
Is there a better combination than chocolate and peanut butter? I don’t think so. It’s definitely one of my favorites. There’s a reason Reese’s are so dang popular. Something about sweet chocolate paired with salty peanut butter is ridiculously tasty. Good luck trying to only eat one!
This recipe is a healthy twist on the original, but it’s equally delicious. These homemade peanut butter cups are vegan, gluten-free, and require just four ingredients.
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s ready in minutes! Let’s take a glimpse into the five simple steps:
- First, line a muffin tray with nonstick liners.
- Then, combine the peanut butter and coconut sugar.
- Next, melt together the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- After, spoon a layer of the melted chocolate + a dollop of peanut butter + more melted chocolate into each liner.
- Lastly, store in the refrigerator to solidify.
- Feel free to use your favorite type of nut butter! Personally, I recommend this natural peanut butter, but almond or cashew butter would be just as tasty. If you have a nut allergy, you can use sunflower seed butter instead.
- I recommend using coconut sugar, but cane sugar is fine.
- Make these peanut butter cups as big or as small as you’d like. I think a thick layer of chocolate works best, but you can make the chocolate layer thinner.
- A mini muffin tin can be used to create mini peanut butter cups, too.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also enjoy these healthy desserts:Print
These homemade peanut butter cups are SO delicious and easy to make! This healthy dessert is vegan, gluten-free, and requires only 4 ingredients.
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Mix the peanut butter and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between, just until the chocolate chips melt. Do not burn the chocolate! This should only require 2 or 3 intervals.
- Spoon a layer of the melted chocolate into each muffin liner. Then, add a dollop of peanut butter into the center. Cover with an additional layer of melted chocolate on top.
- Store in the refrigerator until the chocolate solidifies. This should only require about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator.
Keywords: homemade peanut butter cups, vegan peanut butter cups, vegan dessert recipes, peanut butter recipes