These chocolate peppermint truffles are an easy no-bake dessert for the holiday season! The soft, chewy, and fudgy truffles are packed with dates, cocoa, and a dash of peppermint extract. They are covered in rich dark chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes. Vegan, gluten-free, and a delicious treat for Christmas!
- Prepare the peppermint truffles: Combine walnuts, almonds, medjool dates, coconut oil, peppermint extract, and salt in a food processor. Process ingredients until a sticky dough is formed. You should be able to pinch the mixture together with your hands.
- Roll the dough: Use a mini cookie scoop or tablespoon to form the dough into 15 rounds. Roll each round of dough into a ball. Set aside and prepare the chocolate coating.
- Prepare the chocolate coating: Combine dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until the chocolate is melted. (Alternatively, combine the ingredients in a double boiler until melted.)
- Coat truffles in chocolate: Line a plate with parchment paper. Dip each peppermint truffle in the melted chocolate, tapping off any excess. Place on the parchment paper and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
- Chill: Place truffles in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until the chocolate sets. Enjoy!
- Store the chocolate peppermint truffles in a sealed container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. For long term storage, place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Healthy chocolate peppermint truffles, peppermint energy balls