Edible funfetti cookie dough is the best birthday dessert! It’s perfectly sweet, soft and chewy, rich with vanilla flavor, and loaded with rainbow sprinkles. The easy recipe is vegan, dairy-free, eggless, and can be gluten-free. This sugar cookie dough tastes just like cake batter. Enjoy it by the spoonful or add to ice cream sundaes, layered birthday cakes, and more. It is 100% safe to eat raw and unbaked!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp plant-based milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or a gluten-free blend)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Heat treat the flour: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the flour across a large baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely. If the flour clumps and hardens, break it apart with a spatula. (See notes to learn why this step is important!)
- Cream butter and sugar: Add softened vegan butter, white sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl. Using a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer, cream together until light and fluffy (1-2 minutes). Add plant-based milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Cream together once more.
- Add remaining ingredients: Sift the flour over the wet batter to remove any clumps. Add salt. Mix together until the flour is evenly incorporated. Add rainbow sprinkles and stir to combine.
- Enjoy: Scoop the funfetti cookie dough into large rounds or eat by the spoonful. Enjoy!
- Why should you heat treat the flour? Raw flour is never safe for consumption. It is important to bake the flour in order to kill off any potential harmful bacteria. Follow the instructions and heat treat the flour before creating the cookie dough. After, be sure to sift the flour to break apart any clumps.
- If you are following a gluten-free diet, replace the all-purpose flour with any 1:1 gluten-free baking flour.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: edible funfetti cookie dough, vegan funfetti cookies, edible sugar cookie dough