This easy chickpea curry is nutritious, comforting, and packed with flavor! Enjoy a bowl of this 30-minute vegan curry with basmati rice, cilantro, and lime.
- 1 tbsp oil (olive, avocado, or coconut)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (1/8 tsp for less heat)
- 1 14oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 14oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Basmati rice, for serving
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Add the oil and diced onion to a pot over medium heat. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add minced garlic, curry powder, garam masala, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Sauté, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chickpeas, coconut milk, and coconut sugar. Stir to combine. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until slightly reduced. After, stir in the lime juice.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro, crushed red pepper, and/or lime wedges.
- Nutrition information below reflects the chickpea curry only (no rice).
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 470
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Fiber: 18g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: easy chickpea curry, chickpea curry coconut milk