These easy double chocolate banana muffins are vegan, gluten-free, and so fluffy! It’s a one bowl recipe that’s made with healthy ingredients. They are perfect for breakfast on-the-go or to satisfy your sweet tooth in a nutritious manner!
- 1.5 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (+ more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with parchment muffin/cupcake liners.
- Create the flax egg by combining 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water. Stir together and set aside for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Add all wet ingredients to a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix together until evenly combined. Then, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter into each muffin tin slot.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 15 minutes before removing them from the tin.
- *If your coconut oil is solid at room temperature, add several spoonfuls to a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds. Then, measure and proceed with the recipe.
- Store muffins in an airtight container. They keep well for 2-3 days at room temperature and 1 week in the refrigerator. Additionally, you can freeze them for 1-2 months.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: double chocolate banana muffins vegan, gluten-free chocolate muffins