These crispy baked french fries are so easy to make! Add your favorite seasonings – like garlic, onion, and chili powder – to crank up the flavor. It’s a tasty appetizer, side, or great for sharing with friends.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil (olive, avocado, or coconut)
- 2 tbsp seasoning of your choosing*
- 1.5 tsp garlic granules
- 1.5 onion granules
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes.
- Slice potatoes into 1/2-inch fries. Add fries to a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for at least 10 minutes. After, drain the water and dry the fries with a towel.
- Add fries to a bowl. Drizzle oil over the bowl and use clean hands to evenly coat all of the fries. Add seasoning and use clean hands, again, to evenly coat all fries.
- Spread fries across both baking sheets in a single layer. Bake for 35-45 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until golden and crispy.
- *Use up to 2 tbsp seasonings of your choosing. You can stick with just salt and pepper or create a blend of different spices and herbs. Alternatively, use my recommend seasoning blend!
- Do not skip the soaking process. Soaking sliced potatoes in water helps to remove the starch. This ensures a crispy exterior once baked.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: crispy baked french fries, oven baked fries