This chunky monkey baked oatmeal recipe is healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and so delicious! It’s made with pantry staples like oats, banana, peanut butter, walnuts, and chocolate chips. These baked oats are so moist and fluffy – they taste like dessert for breakfast. The whole family will love this easy meal prep idea for the week ahead. It’s especially great for kids! #oatmeal #oats #banana #healthybreakfast #breakfastideas #veganbreakfast #glutenfreerecipes #veganrecipe #coconut #mealprep
- 1.5 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup nut butter (peanut or almond)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Create the flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water. Stir together and set aside to thicken for 15 minutes.
- Add mashed banana, almond milk, nut butter, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, walnuts, flax eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Add rolled oats and baking powder to the bowl. Mix together until evenly incorporated.
- Lightly grease a square baking dish with coconut oil (or nonstick spray). Pour the oatmeal batter into the dish. Top with chocolate chips, crushed walnuts, coconut flakes, or any other ingredients.
- Bake the oatmeal for 35 minutes. Remove oatmeal from the oven and allow it to cool before slicing.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: chunky monkey baked oatmeal, chocolate chip banana baked oatmeal vegan