Chocolate protein cookies are easy, healthy, vegan, and gluten-free! This high protein dessert is made with almond butter, chocolate protein powder, almond flour, and coconut oil. They’re great for a pre-workout snack or post-workout treat. Make good use of your supplement with this delicious protein powder recipe! #proteinpowder #proteincookies #highprotein #highproteindiet #veganprotein #postworkout #postworkoutdessert #proteinrecipes
- 1 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Coconut Almond Protein (or any chocolate protein powder)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (natural, not dutch-processed)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine almond butter, almond flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, mashed banana, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt. Mix together until evenly combined. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls. Using clean hands, flatten and form into round cookies. Press extra chocolate chips on top (optional).
- Bake cookies for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top (optional). Enjoy!
- Coconut oil: be sure to melt the coconut oil, then measure it afterwards.
- How to store: Store these cookies inside a sealed container. Keep them at room temperature for 2 days or inside the refrigerator for 5 days. If you would like to store them longterm, keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let them thaw before enjoying.
- Nutrition info below uses sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: vegan protein cookies, chocolate protein cookies