This chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl is rich, thick, creamy, and easy to make! The 4 ingredient recipe is vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free. With a flavor and texture similar to chocolate soft serve ice cream, this breakfast smoothie can also be enjoyed as a healthy dessert smoothie! Add your favorite toppings and enjoy it with a spoon.
- 2 large frozen bananas, peeled before freezing
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1–2 medjool dates, optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (almond, oat, coconut, etc)
- Peanut butter
- Chopped peanuts
- Chocolate chips
- Add ingredients to the blender.
- Blend ingredients until thick, smooth, and creamy. See notes.
- Transfer smoothie to a bowl. Add your choice of toppings and enjoy with a spoon!
- You may adjust the amount of liquid as needed. However, I highly recommend keeping the liquid between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup. For a thick and creamy consistency, you should use just enough to get the blades moving. Keep in mind more liquid creates a thinner consistency while less liquid creates a thicker consistency.
- I highly recommend using a Vitamix blender or any blender with a tamper. A tamper lets you push the ingredients into the blades while blending, reducing the need for any liquid at all. This guarantees a thick and creamy texture.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl, dessert smoothie bowl