Chocolate gingerbread truffles are an easy no-bake dessert for the holidays! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and made with healthy ingredients like almonds, oats, and medjool dates. The soft and chewy gingerbread cookie dough is coated in rich chocolate. They are perfect for Christmas, gifting, and holiday parties! #truffles #gingerbread #gingerbreadcookies #nobakedesserts #energyballs #holidaydesserts #christmasdesserts #christmasrecipes #holidayrecipe
- Combine raw almonds, rolled oats, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt in a food processor. Pulse into a crumbled, flour-like mixture.
- Add pitted medjool dates, molasses, water, and vanilla extract to the food processor. Process/pulse into a sticky dough-like consistency. The dough should be sticky enough to pinch together with your hands.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the parchment paper.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until the chocolate chips are melted. This should only require 2-3 intervals. You’ll know it’s done when almost all of the chocolate chips are melted. Any chocolate chips still intact will melt together upon stirring.
- Dip each ball of dough into the melted chocolate to evenly coat the surface. Optional: garnish with crumbled gingersnap cookies. Place each truffle on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Store in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until the chocolate solidifies.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 19g
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 26.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: chocolate gingerbread truffles, vegan holiday dessert, no-bake dessert, gingerbread