Frozen chocolate covered bananas are an easy and healthy dessert for summer! The 3 ingredient recipe is made with bananas, chocolate chips, and coconut oil. Add various toppings like crushed nuts, shredded, coconut, sprinkles, and more. This frozen treat is kid-friendly, vegan, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. #banana #bananas #frozenbananas #frozendesserts #chocolatecovered #bananapops #chocolatecoveredbananas #chocolatebananas #kidfriendly #healthydesserts
- 3 bananas, ripe but firm
- 6 popsicle sticks
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts (or topping of choice)
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice each banana in half. Insert a popsicle stick into each banana.
- Freeze bananas for 1 hour (or overnight).
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Remove bananas from the freezer. Dip one banana into the melted chocolate, coating nearly the entire fruit. Immediately roll or sprinkle the banana with crushed nuts (or any toppings of your choosing). Work quickly – the chocolate will harden because the banana is frozen. Repeat with all of the bananas. Serve or keep stored in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Optional Toppings: Keep it simple with plain chocolate or decorate with crushed nuts, shredded coconut, granola, sprinkles, cacao nibs, and more.
- How to store: Store banana pops in the freezer inside an airtight container. Enjoy within 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 banana pop
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: chocolate covered frozen bananas, chocolate dipped bananas, chocolate banana pops