This chocolate coconut granola recipe is healthy, easy, vegan, and gluten-free! It’s crispy, crunchy, and loaded with dark chocolate chunks. The one bowl recipe is made with pantry staples like oats, almonds, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cocoa. Learn how to make homemade granola with this simple recipe. It’s like eating dessert for breakfast! #granola #granolarecipe #coconut #chocolategranola #healthybreakfast #veganglutenfree #rolledoats #coconutoil #maplesyrup #oats #granolarecipes
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped raw nuts* (such as almonds, pecans, cashews)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3–4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp melted coconut oil*
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, chopped nuts, coconut flakes, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt. Mix together.
- Add maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Spread granola across the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet. The granola will firm up and become crunchy as it cools.
- Once the granola has cooled completely, add chopped dark chocolate. Stir together. Store inside a sealed container. Enjoy within 2 weeks.
- *Chopped nuts: Use any combination of chopped nuts. I recommend a mixture of raw almonds, pecans, and cashews.
- **Melted coconut oil: Use liquid coconut oil or melt coconut oil in the microwave before measuring.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: chocolate coconut granola, chocolate granola recipe, coconut granola