These chocolate coconut energy balls are so easy and tasty! It’s a quick recipe made in 10 minutes with vegan and gluten-free ingredients. You can satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy manner with just dates, coconut, almonds, and cacao. Each bite-sized ball is perfect for an afternoon snack or as a nutritious dessert!
Chocolate and coconut – a winning combination in everyone’s hearts! I’ve paired these two ingredients to create a simple, nutritious, beyond easy recipe. It’s great for a post-workout bite, afternoon snack, or as a healthy dessert. These will satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking your diet plan!
These chocolate coconut energy balls are:
- Soft and chewy
- Made with 6 ingredients
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Refined sugar-free
- Ready in under 10 minutes
What ingredients are in chocolate coconut energy balls?
- Shredded coconut. Otherwise known as desiccated coconut or coconut shreds, it’s one of the main ingredients in this recipe. Coconut is a healthy source of fats and fiber.
- Medjool dates. These chocolate coconut balls are naturally sweetened with medjool dates instead of processed sugar. Dates contain iron, magnesium, B vitamins, and more.
- Raw almonds. Almonds provide various nutrients including vitamin E, manganese, and magnesium.
- Cacao powder. Either cocoa powder or cacao powder can be used for this recipe. Learn more about the difference between these two ingredients here.
- Vanilla extract. We’ll use a dash of pure vanilla extract to enhance the flavor of all other ingredients.
- Salt. I prefer using pink Himalayan salt because it contains several minerals. However, regular table salt works perfectly fine.
How to make chocolate coconut energy balls
For the full recipe, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
First, add all of the ingredients to a food processor. This includes raw almonds, shredded coconut, cacao powder, pitted medjool dates, vanilla, and salt. Then, process the ingredients until a sticky dough is formed.
Next, use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop the dough into 18 rounds. With clean hands, roll the dough into balls. If desired, decorate by rolling half the chocolate coconut energy balls in additional shredded coconut.
Enjoy! These can be consumed immediately or stored in the refrigerator. They will firm up a bit and take on a chewier texture once refrigerated!
- Create a sticky dough. The ingredients should form a sticky dough once combined in the food processor. If your dates are quite dry and hard, you may struggle to get the ingredients to stick together. If so, no worries! This is an easy fix. Simply add 1-2 teaspoon water or melted coconut oil and process again. The extra moisture should allow the ingredients to fully combine. As long as you can pinch the dough together and it sticks, you’re good to go!
- Decorate! Feel free to decorate each ball. I rolled half in shredded coconut and kept the other half plain. In addition to making the balls look pretty, rolling them in another ingredient is a great way to add more nutrients! Some healthy options include hemp seeds, chia seeds, and maca powder. If you are a major chocolate lover, you can even drizzle melted chocolate on top.
- Store in the refrigerator. Store these chocolate coconut energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Once refrigerated, they will take on a firmer and chewier texture. Personally, I think this makes them taste even more delicious!
More vegan energy balls recipes
- Almond Butter Energy Balls
- Cinnamon Roll Energy Balls
- Turtle Energy Balls
- Coconut Almond Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Oatmeal Cookie Dough Balls
- Birthday Cake Energy Balls
- Pecan Pie Bliss Balls
- No Bake Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
If you try these Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
These chocolate coconut energy balls are the most delicious snack and healthy dessert! Satisfy your sweet tooth in a nutritious manner with dates, coconut, almonds, and cacao.
- Add ingredients to a food processor. Process until a sticky dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop the dough into 18 rounds.
- Use clean hands to roll the dough into balls.
- (Optional) roll each ball in shredded coconut to decorate.
- Store energy balls in an airtight container. I recommend keeping them in the refrigerator to firm and maintain freshness.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: chocolate coconut energy balls, vegan chocolate coconut balls, bliss balls with dates
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!