It’s chocolate chip banana bread in a mug! This vegan gluten-free chocolate chip mug cake is incredibly moist, fluffy, and made with healthy ingredients. You can create this single serving dessert in under 5 minutes.
- 1 medium overripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp nut butter (almond or peanut butter)
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Mash overripe banana in a bowl. Add nut butter, almond milk, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine. Add oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Fold ingredients together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a mug with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into the mug. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Allow mug cake to cool for 1-2 minutes before enjoying.
- You can combine the ingredients inside the mug, but I recommend preparing them in a separate bowl.
- You can make your own oat flour by grinding rolled oats in a food processor. If you do this, try to grind it as finely as possible. It should look similar to traditional flour.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 482
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip banana mug cake, banana bread mug cake