This chocolate cherry smoothie bowl is the perfect combination of tart and sweet! It’s a delicious blend of rich cacao powder and tart black cherries. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy it with a spoon.
- 1 frozen ripe banana (peel removed prior to freezing)
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (such as almond or coconut)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend til smooth. Note: You can add additional non-dairy milk as needed, depending on the power of your blender. Remember more liquid creates a thinner consistency while less liquid creates a thicker consistency.
- Transfer smoothie to a bowl. Top with fresh fruit, granola, nuts, and/or seeds.
- To freeze a ripe banana, remove the peel and place the banana in a ziplock bag or airtight container. Keep stored in the freezer. Frozen bananas keep fresh for at least 1 month.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 32g
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: chocolate cherry smoothie bowl, cherry smoothie vegan