This chocolate banana smoothie recipe tastes like a healthy milkshake! It’s easy, vegan, dairy-free, and made with no refined sugar. It contains frozen bananas, cacao or cocoa powder, and almond milk. You can add smoothie boosters like protein powder, nut butter, and sweetener. You can even secretly add spinach to get your kids eating more greens! #smoothie #smoothierecipe #smoothierecipeshealthy #smoothiesforweightloss #vegansmoothie #healthysmoothierecipes #cacao
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy. Feel free to adjust the amount of almond milk as needed. More almond milk will make the smoothie thinner while less will make it thicker.
- Pour smoothie into glasses. Add toppings, like cacao nibs and granola (optional). Enjoy!
- Be sure to use frozen bananas. In order to freeze them, remove the peels and place the bananas in a sealed ziplock bag or container. Store in the freezer where they will keep fresh for up to 3 months.
- If desired, you can add smoothie boosters like protein powder, nut butter, medjool dates, chia seeds, and more. Read the full blog post for tips and ideas.
- Nutrition information below does not include the optional chocolate hazelnut butter and maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 6.5g
Keywords: healthy chocolate banana smoothie, vegan chocolate smoothie