This chocolate banana baked oatmeal is a fluffy, moist, and delicious breakfast treat! It’s vegan, gluten-free, and made with just one bowl. Enjoy with sliced banana and chocolate chips on top.
- 4 small ripe bananas, mashed (~1.5 rounded cups)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 + 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (such as almond)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare an 8×8-inch baking dish by lightly greasing it with oil or lining it with parchment paper.
- Mash ripe bananas in a large bowl until nearly smooth. Add cacao powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Mix together. Add almond milk and mix together again. Add in rolled oats and baking powder, mixing ingredients together once more.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish. Use a spatula to evenly smooth it across the dish. Add toppings such as sliced banana and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges are crispy and the center is moist and springy.
- Remove baked oatmeal from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with additional toppings such as nut butter and sliced banana.
*Heat a spoonful of coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt. Then, measure 1 tbsp and proceed with the recipe.
Keywords: chocolate banana baked oatmeal, oatmeal, baked oatmeal, chocolate oatmeal, banana oatmeal