Buffalo tofu wings are a hot and spicy vegan appetizer for parties, game day snack, and delicious comfort food! They’re crispy, satisfying, and so flavorful. Tender strips of tofu are coated in batter, breadcrumbs, and oven baked. After, they’re tossed in hot buffalo sauce for a mouth-watering flavor that’s packed with heat. Serve with celery sticks and ranch dip, or enjoy the wings on salads and sandwiches.
- Press tofu: Remove tofu from its wrapping and drain the water. Use a tofu press or create your own at home. To create your own, wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen towel or folded paper towels. Place tofu on a plate and top with heavy objects. This could include a cutting board and some books, cans of food, jars of nut butter, etc. Anything heavy will do the trick. Let tofu sit for 15-30 minutes. After, remove the objects and unwrap the tofu. Most of the moisture will have soaked into the towel.
- Slice tofu: Slice the block of tofu into rectangular strips. I recommend creating 9-12 strips.
- Prepare baking tools: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare wet batter: Combine flour, plant-based milk, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together. Add plant-based milk and whisk together once more.
- Prepare breadcrumbs: Add panko breadcrumbs to a bowl.
- Coat tofu in batter and breadcrumbs: Using a fork, dip one strip of tofu in the wet batter. Flip to coat the other side. Tap off any excess batter. Immediately dip the battered tofu in the breadcrumbs. Toss a few times to evenly coat the tofu. Transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat until all strips are coated.
- Bake tofu: Bake tofu wings for 25 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Prepare buffalo sauce: Combine buffalo sauce and butter in a bowl. Microwave for 1 minute to melt the butter, then mix together.
- Coat tofu in buffalo sauce: Remove tofu wings from the oven. Dip one wing in the buffalo sauce. Flip to coat both sides. Tap off any excess sauce. Repeat with all wings.
- Serve or bake: Serve the buffalo tofu wings immediately OR bake the wings for another 15 minutes. For crispy wings, I recommend baking them again. Serve with celery sticks and vegan ranch dip. Enjoy!
- You will likely not use all of the batter. If you have leftover batter, you can make more wings or grab some cauliflower from the refrigerator and follow the same recipe using cauliflower!
- Serving Size: 1 wing
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: buffalo tofu wings, vegan buffalo wings