This blueberry banana smoothie bowl is a healthy vegan breakfast recipe! It’s made with 5 ingredients including frozen bananas, blueberries, chia seeds, vanilla, and almond milk. This quick and easy breakfast idea is great for kids, busy families, and clean eating diets. It’s dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy it with a spoon! #smoothiebowl #smoothiebowls #smoothierecipe #blueberries #blueberrysmoothie #berrysmoothie #veganbreakfast #healthybreakfast
- 3 frozen bananas (peeled prior to freezing)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Blend the ingredients until a thick and smoothie consistency forms. If needed, add more plant-based milk to get the blender moving. However, remember more liquid creates a thinner smoothie while less liquid creates a thicker smoothie.
- Transfer the smoothie to bowl(s). Top with fresh fruit, granola, coconut flakes, or any other toppings.
- The recipe makes 1 large or 2 small smoothie bowls.
- To freeze bananas, first wait for them to ripen. A ripe banana has a yellow peel with brown specks all across it. Then, remove the peels and transfer the bananas to a ziplock bag or container. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: blueberry banana smoothie bowl, blueberry banana smoothie recipe