This berry chia seed jam recipe is easy to make, healthy, and packed with antioxidant-rich berries. It’s a tasty spread, dip, and syrup that can be enjoyed with toast, oatmeal, pancakes, baked goods, and so much more. The recipe is vegan, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Made with 5 ingredients, one pot, and ready in 20 minutes!
- Add berries and water to a small pot.
- Warm the pot over medium heat, cooking for 5-10 minutes while stirring occasionally. As the berries begin to soften, mash them with a fork or spoon until it reaches your desired consistency. The berries will become thick and syrupy.
- After, remove from heat. Stir in the chia seeds, maple syrup, lemon juice, and salt. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the berry chia seed jam to a sealed jar or container. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
- Use any combination of berries, either fresh or frozen. For example, you can use 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup raspberries.
- Keep jam stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 27
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: berry chia seed jam, blueberry chia jam