Banana bread granola is nutty, crunchy, and lightly sweet! Put your overripe bananas to good use and make this healthy breakfast granola. Sprinkle it on top of smoothies, yogurt, and oatmeal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine rolled oats, walnuts, pecans, ground cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix together. Add mashed banana, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix to evenly coat all of the oats and nuts.
- Spread granola across the baking sheet in a thin, even layer. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove from the oven and allow granola to cool completely. It will firm while cooling.
- Serve granola with almond milk or sprinkle it on top of smoothie bowls, non-dairy yogurt, and oatmeal.
- *If your coconut oil is solid at room temperature, add several spoonfuls to a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds. Once melted, measure 1/4 cup and proceed with the recipe.
- To store, allow the granola to cool completely. Then, transfer it to a mason jar or airtight container. It will keep for at least 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: banana bread granola, banana granola cereal