Avocado pasta is a quick and easy vegan dinner recipe! It’s creamy, flavorful, healthy, and one of my favorite weeknight meal ideas for families. The avocado sauce is reminiscent of pesto with ingredients like basil, garlic, and olive oil. Pair it with gluten-free pasta for a plant-based 15 minute meal!
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. After, drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the avocados, basil, plant-based milk, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in a blender (or a food processor). Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer drained pasta back into the pot. Add the avocado sauce on top. Gently mix together to evenly coat all of the pasta. If needed, add splashes of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce.
- Serve pasta with vegan parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- If you are gluten-free, be sure to use your favorite gluten-free pasta. I use and recommend chickpea pasta – it contains no gluten and is packed with plant-based protein!
- The nutrition information below includes traditional flour pasta since it is the most popular type of pasta. Of course, this will change depending on the type of pasta you use.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 420
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: avocado pasta, vegan avocado pasta salad, avocado pesto